OpenDJ 2.6.0 has gotten the QA Go, and has been officially released. In addition to very many fixes since 2.4.6, version 2.6.0 brings a long list of new features. The following is a partial list of new features with links to the HTML documentation.
- RESTful access to directory data over HTTP (implemented as an HTTP Connection Handler, and also as a separate gateway Servlet)
- Debian packages
- RPM packages
- OpenDJ LDAP SDK for Java & toolkit with
- PBKDF2 password storage scheme
- DSML gateway can now connect over SSL
- New upgrade (particularly designed to work well with native packages)
- Support for Java 7 as well as Java 6
- Features previously included in 2.5.0-Xpress1
- For the full list, see the chapter in the release notes on What’s New.
You can download the ForgeRock supported build of OpenDJ 2.6.0 from the ForgeRock.com download site.
Many thanks to all those who have helped with OpenDJ documentation! In particular thanks to everyone who contributed content to the core docs, participated in formal review, and logged issues, including at least everyone in the following list.
The documentation would not be nearly as useful without your help, so keep the requests, suggestions, and new issues coming.