Letting users self-register with OpenAM is straightforward. Basically, you set up the Membership authentication module, and then point users to it by specifying the module as one of the query string parameters in your URL to OpenAM.
To configure the Membership authentication module to allow self-registration, follow these steps.
- Log in to OpenAM web-based console as amadmin.
- Browse to Access Control > Realm Name > Authentication > Module Instances.
- Click New to add a new authentication module.
- Click OK to save your work.
- Log out of OpenAM console in order to try self-registration.
To try self-registration through the Membership authentication module, follow these steps.
- Browse to log in to OpenAM, adding the realm and SelfReg module in the query string, such as
- Click New User.
- Enter the new user details on the Self Registration page, and then click Register.
- Agree to the disclaimer (which can be customized for your site).
- Check your new user page in OpenAM, and then log out when you are done.