Some background if you feel you might pitch in…
- For examples, the only data I got from outside is the same data used for OpenDJ examples.
- I installed everything in a CentOS 6 VirtualBox VM
- 2048 MB memory
- 8 GB disk (in other words, no, I probably cannot share this with you in Dropbox)
/path/to, made my user the owner
- Installed Java 6, Tomcat 7, OpenDJ 2.4.3 in
Was going to try JBoss since lots of people seem to be using that. Maybe later.
/etc/hostssays 127.0.1.1 is openam.example.com.
- This is for docs, so passwords everywhere are “password”, or failing that “secret12”.
- iptables includes an accept rule for port 8080 (Tomcat)
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT(which needs to be before the REJECT rules, see this post).
VBoxManage modifyvm "CentOS 6" --natpf1 "guestssh,tcp,,2222,,22"so ssh -p 2222 goes to CentOS.
VBoxManage modifyvm "CentOS 6" --natpf1 "tomcat,tcp,,12380,,8080"so http://openam.example.com:12380 from the laptop browser goes to Tomcat, http://openam.example.com:12380/openam goes to OpenAM.
If you have some suggestions about how to set up the software to make the examples easier for people to understand, feel free to leave comments.